Monday 2 July 2007

R.E.M. play Olympia Theatre



It doesn't happen every day to have the chance to see a great band like R.E.M. live nor to see them in a lovely location as the Olympia Theatre.

That's why when a friend of mine called me last saturday offering me a spare ticket for the gig he didn't have to ask me twice!

Just 5 dates all over this year for a really special event which is not a real show - as the huge text behind the stage says - they were actually trying new songs mixed with less known (just to the profanes like I am probably) songs (maybe b-sides) with the only difference they were not alone as usual but with about 1000 people looking at them in a electrifying and at the same time deeply intimate atmosphere.

I'm not a huge fan of them, but I guess what I saw last saturday is something which every R.E.M. fan should kill for. Thanks God I'm still alive :)

For more informations have a look at R.E.M. official website or the one created just for this event. On both you'll find some pictures of the first 2 nights.

And if you want to get a ticket for one of the 3 dates left, try to get a look at eBay because all tickets have been sold out in just a few minutes!

0 comments: